Da camping trip

Sixxkiller

Man did we have fun. The WIFE UNIT and I just got back this morning so I guess I will give you guys a little run down of the trip.

We went to a great place in the Santa Barbara area called Los Padres. Theres a few camp grounds located about 20 minutes from the city there and we stayed at a marvelous one called Paradise. Truly was.

So about my trip. We get there with only our sleeping bags and the food and water. So we look around and discover everyone BUT us has an RV and tents. Well being the first civilian camping trip I have ever went on I figured they were all just a bit too equiped. I was right of course. No tents for camping for this family!!!!

So there is a river located less than a km away. Nice river with like 10 billion rocks. You know when you go to a river you must throw rocks right? Well dont do that with your wife unit, or if you do want her to throw rocks with you, YOU be the one to be on HER flank. So I say , "Babe, I bet you cant out throw me with my left hand" (I am mostly right handed) and she says, I bet I can. So I chuck one pretty far with my off hand and I am admiring my throw when I see she has this little rock. So of course I tell her to get a bigger one. So she picks up one thats about 1 lbs. She throws it but it only goes about 2 feet. Why did it only go 2 feet you ask???? Well thats because she hit me full force in the back of the head with that rock!!! People almost could have called me SixxKILLED. Funny thing is she blamed me for telling her to pick up a bigger rock.... and the rock has little red stains on it that arent from my head. I even brought the rock home so I have proof that she tried to knock me off. :D

But she did have her moments. We got her a fishing pole and some gear right. Well the first day she picks this spot thats what you might call rapids and expects to not only find the worms (She found 1 worm I swear) and then she proceeds to go and try for 2 hours to catch fish in the whitewater LOL. 2nd day I picked the spot and to my shock she lands 2 5 lbs trout (Its cause I made her get real bait in the non-worm based family). This guy caught easily 10 fish in 3 hours on a fly rod setup. Next time we go I will teach her the fly method! smile.gif Gonna hear about her "catches" forever now hehe. She even refused to "clean" the fish as it was too gross for her to handle. Sixxkiller got to eat those bad boys though!!!! smile.gif

Even got 2 local games in on DIF before my laptop died. But thats 2 more games playing the Me-262 than you guys got so there! Even got to buy a $10 22 oz beer at the local store as a reward!

But the rest of the trip was just neat fun rediscovering the woman who isnt DIF. And Mistura, maybe we will have to get a little fishing trip together this summer with the family.

-Ray

Hi Sixx. I'm glad you have a harder than rock head. :D Never let a girl/lady throw a rock unless she has a little tomboy in her. I made that mistake with my youngest one. I was standing off to the side and behind her, and still toke one in the side of the head. :eek: I'll give her a pass THIS time because she is only 7. It's funny that the ladies always laugh when the rock is bouncing off the guys head, but never there own. ;) I still feel like a batter at home plate facing a wild pitcher that can throw a 100 MPH fastball around her still. smile.gif

I wish you could go on the Alaska Cruise we are going on in June. :cool: You and, your soon to be wife would love it. I'm going fishing also on the trip. Plus you could show me what I did wrong downloading the test stuff. ;) I'm glad you had fun Sixx, and remember. Don't forget your HELMET! tongue.gif

Misty did I tell you I need to be adopted??? I went on that cruise back 10 years ago. You will absolutly love it! Watch out for the birds though. (They call em birds but the rest of the world call them mosquitos, but they are bird sized so its fitting i suppose).

Dont let the wife get off the ship in the Vancouver Islands, otherwise keep your mortgage broker on 24 hour call and be prepared to be washing lots of dishes! smile.gif You guys will have so much fun.

-Ray