New improvements coming

Kindred

Hi all,

Since english is not my first language ( as you all could see), i have a question regarding the new improvements to come.

I don't understand very well the new pilots creation.

So if you start a pilot in 1939 you start with a lower plane and you have a XP bonus every time you fight 1=1.10

But if you start in 1940 you have 100XP for start and you have the current XP 1=1.

So are the XP to unlock planes became higher or are you never going to see any planes below 100XP flying again?

Maybe if you start in 1940 you had something like 1=0.90 and in 1939 1=1 people would think about it.

But even if you are fighting 2000+ planes and you are getting 100 or 200 XP everytime you fly with the new method you only need to do one more mission to compensate for the XP factor (0.9)

So after all this, my question is ,

What is this rule change suppose to improve?

Better planes faster in the beggining?

It's not a complain it's really just a question

Regards

Kindred

Good questions - do the exp multipliers change as pilots move up a/c?

Eg if I start in "1939" then get 100 exp does the multiplier drop from then on?

And what's 1.0 x 3 exp anyway? It doesn't look like a great improvement at low levels??

This looks like a half-way step towards having a chronological campaign...which is a good thing smile.gif

[ January 31, 2006, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

The new enhancement gives players more choices for how they want to start a pilot's career.

A pilot that starts in 1939 will start with 0xp to unlock planes, but will earn a 10% bonus for all future XP earned.

As a pilot's career starts later and later in the war, he gains more XP to immediately unlock the more powerful aircraft. However, all future XP earned by the pilot will be reduced according to his "XP Factor".

All pilots start out with 0xp to spend.

- - -

The revised wingman deck puts back all the cards removed by the previous change, and adds in the additional noted cards.

A number of players have noted that with the recent Damage Bonus changes, the early war aircraft have become pretty wimpy in terms of their ability to shoot down aircraft. Consequently, it can take a long time to work a pilot up from zero XP to the point where he unlocks the first couple of aircraft.

The new enhancement for creating pilots gives you the choice of skipping over this phase of pilot development and get right into the better aircraft.

You "die hards" who want to start a pilot from 0 XP and work them up the old fashioned way will be rewarded with an extra 10% XP earned each time the pilot flies.

Another reason for the change is that we have received feedback from some players who are not all that interested in the pilot development aspect of the game. They just want to jump in and fly any aircraft of their choosing. Frequently these are guys who have played the card game and have neither the time nor inclination to work a pilot up through the ranks.

No, I'm afraid that all existing pilots will have an XP factor 1.0.

The early pilot development became markedly more difficult starting with the introduction of the Damage Bonus enhancement, which wasn't that long ago. Since I don't keep track of when a pilot was first created, I don't really have a way of determining which pilots were created post-Damage Bonus.

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

there's a lot of pilots out there with <100 pts still - even if they did start before the changes - perhaps they should qualify?

Perhaps, but I would probably put the cutoff much lower, like maybe < 20 or so. I'll run it by Dan to see what he thinks.