A suggestion for IMS 2:D and damage modifiers

Guest Mike

I wonder if IMS 2:D isn't being generated the wroong way around for most a/c.

Currently all card hands have 1 2:D in htem regardless of firepower, and the only thing that stops it being as lethal for a 109B as a P-47 is that it's harder for the 109 to get 2 bursts!

I think the 2:D card should perhaps be based upon the nature of the target more - ie early polanes with no armour or self-sealing tanks should be very vulnerable to it, while well armoured and protected later a/c should be less so.

So I'd like to see something like an armour rating for each a/c - or perhaps a fragility rating - the lower the better!

Maybe 5 for totally unprotected a/c, 4 if has minimal armour (often only pilot head & shoulders), 3 if more extensive with self sealing tanks, 2 if quite heavily armoured, 1 if a Sturmovik.

The chances of a card becoming a "D" would be (the rating of the target a/c plus the damage modifier of the shooter) multiplied by the number of bursts being fired. So any IMS card might be modified to a 1:D, 2:D or 3:D depending upon the number of bursts in the original.

So a 109B firing 1 burst at a Kate would have a 4% chance of the card becoming a 1:D (5 rating for the Kate -1 dmaage moid for 109B)*1 burst = 4%)

A Spitfire I or Hurricane 1 shooting at a 109E head on with a 2-burst card would have (3-1)*2 = 4%

the 109B shooting back with 1 burst from advantaged would have (3+1)*1 = 4%

etc.

IMO we're interested in things that can happendown to about 1% chance or so, not where they are in the order of 10E-9! smile.gif

Besides - killing the pilot is an entirly different mechanism!! smile.gif

[ January 28, 2006, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]