Very weird problems.......

Basically, my directory has no listing of Combat Mission despite the fact that it plays fine. The only actual problem is that I want to DL some mods and such and I can't open the files if I can't locate them.

I have certainley tried 'find', no dice. I have reinstalled a number of times.

I do have a listing for the Demo with all its assorted files displayed normally (wich I can't uninstall actually, its not on my add/remove software list, nor does there seem to be another way).

I can open up the registry from the disk drive and see all the files i need to swap listed there, but of course thats of little use.

Has this happened to anyone else? Obviously its on my hard drive, its just not picking up. Aside from 'find', wich of course should cover it (it does find files from the demo), I have manually chased all over for it and it just is na' there capn' (I'm givin ya all shes got!).

Also, when I play a quick battle and chose to 'allow human' to purchase forces for the allies, it will have regular troops listed as 'Elite', no matter what I do. Reinstalling has done no good here either.

Any info would be hip city........

thanks

I have had the EXACT problem and it really really tict me off for weeks. The only thing I was able to do was this: (If you have saved games or homemade scenarios, send them to their own file for now.)

Okay here is what you do, go to my computer (assuming you have windows) then open the CM file from the C: drive or whatever and find all of the files and click copy when they including the CMBO .exe file, then after you press copy go to the desktop create a new folder called CMBO or whatever then go into the file and right click and then press "paste" all folder will be coppied, then cut and paste your scenarios to the saved games. Then when you download the patches/mods etc. send them here:

C:\windows\desktop\CMBO\BMP

or for the patch

C:\windows\desktop\CMBO

then you should be all set hope this helps..

-Niles "Fieldmarshall" Hirschi ;)