Any chance of a auto-resolve for campaign battles?

Guest Mike

I assume that when you say, "auto-resolve", you mean the AI should play both sides and figure out who won the mission?

I suppose that is possible, but I'm just curious as to why you would want to do that. I don't mean that in any negative kind of way. I'm truly curious because it's not something that ever ocurred to me.

After all, campaigns don't have to be completed all in one sitting, so you can play a mission here and there over the course of a few days.

Is it that you enjoy making the higher level strategic decisions, and would just as soon let the AI game the lower level details, or is this just a case of the "microwave syndrome" (i.e., people want everything done faster)?

Yes that's what I mean smile.gif

I enjoy the strategic level at elast as much as the tactical one. And I migth be able to play a campaign at a strategic level during lunch hour at work - rather than jsut setting up the first move of each of several campaigns!! smile.gif

Purely selfish reasons.

Edit: Also if you added in some sort of simpistic production system where appropriate, you'd have a replacement for those great strategic airwar games from the 80's - USAAF, Fighter Command

[ November 02, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Yup. Makes sense.

I'm not sure when it will happen, but I think the logical evolution for DiF is to come up with some kind of mega-campaign system, which would incorporate some of these ideas.

There would be some higher level decision making as to which targets need to be attacked (or defended) in order to achieve the larger war aims. That's where the effect on the production system could come into play.

These campaigns would probably play themselves out over the course of days, or possibly weeks, with missions taking place around the clock. Some of those missions would have the AI running both sides, while others would have players jumping in to fill the slots.