AI decision making at high altitude

Stalin's Organ

New pilot silliness - One of the reasons new pilots might be taking a while to get experience is that the AI seems to have a penchant for sitting up at high altitude where some of the level 3 a/c get to draw 0 cards!!

Makes for a very slow boring game for 3 experience points!!

Sometimes the AI will do this to itself at higher levels too - IIRC the A6M2 and A6M5 can draw 0 cards at high or very high with inexperienced pilots, but they'll often just sit there and get plinked away as I'm drawing 1 or 2.

It's good tactics to climb in lots of situations to reduce your opponent's hand, but that's not hte point - it's just sitting there with no useful cards, getting no cards, and with me getting 1-2 cards per turn - if hte wingie gets a 2:3 or god forbid a 3:4 it sucks big time!!

And usually he ends up getting tailed or disadvantaged because the wingie gets a manouvre or loop & puts the leader into position, and then both can get real shots at him.

And it's worse with perfectly good A6M2's vs Hurricanes - he can do much better at lower level but lets me pick the height then gets slowly cut to bits.