Local vs. Online

Liebchen

The only way I've been playing local games has been when there are no players available for online play. (I realize that that's not universal; some may want to have LAN parties, or something.)

I would prefer online play with real people over bots.

Could the game (or online system) be modified to allow for this preference? Perhaps players who happen to be online at the time of playing a local game could receive some popup notification of events occuring online?

Perhaps a little window to the side, ala WinXP's update notifications or Symantec's NAV update notifications.

Perhaps a button could be added to allow this option, allowing some to play local games undisturbed...

Anyone else share this sentiment?

Well frankly speaking the local game is quite limited as it is, more like a starting practice for new players or something. It seems to me all the "interresting" events (learder board, squadrons, campaigns) are designed to be played exclusively online, so I doubt much will be done to improve offline play.

Yeah i know what you mean Liebchen. When you're playing a game you don't have any visablity of what is happening in the lobby. I've come out of online games against the bots seen someone asked 2-3 times for a match up but I never saw it.

Maybe the game could have a feature that flags your interested as a PvP player and you get a chime or something when another PvP flaged player logs in or comes out of any existing game?