Squadron Support

bartbert

We know that at least of few of you guys out there have formed "squadrons" with your online pilots. We would like to encourage such activities, because we think it helps build community and generally adds fun to the game play. So, to help the process along, we are adding "official" support for squadrons.

Briefly, here's how it works:

</font>

• Players who have pilots with at least a Rank Level of 4 [Major (US), Squadron Leader (UK), Major (Germany), Shosa (Japan)], may request to be a squadron leader.</font>
  • If your application to be a squadron leader is approved, we will setup a page for you on this web site where you can manage your squadron, and others can visit.</font>
  • It's the squadron leader's job to recruit other player's pilots into his squadron, and to keep his web page content up to date. Players may request to join a squadron, but a squadron can contain a maximum of 12 elements, so space is limited.</font>
  • Players will receive e-mail notification whenever one of their pilots has been added to or removed from a squadron. We expect squadron commanders to abide by a strict code of conduct with regard to managing their squadron. Failure to do so will result in the dissolution of the squadron.</font>

We have added a Squadron Home page here: Squadron Home Page that has more information, and you can view a sample squadron page here: VMF-214: Black Sheep Squadron

Do you have what it takes to be a squadron leader?

How do you get promoted?

My leading chaps aren't quite as good as Skude's, but I have a couple on the leader board and there's nary a medal nor a promotion for them!

I have updated the Leader Board so that it now shows the squadron logo image for those pilots that are in a squadron.

Also note that if you are logged onto the web site, you can go to the Leader Board and check the "My Pilots" check box and click Refresh to display only the pilots that you own.

• 4 weeks later...