The Graphics again...

Skolman

At first i thought the pictures from the Plane Database are the ingame Graphics but then i noticed that the game is just like in the screenshots section ! ...at least it will run on my computer but i can´t imagine that it will sell that good on todays PC games market...

Anyway i hope that there will be nice "between battles" graphics and other "goodies"

(I hoped that you would see a movie of the dogfight after all...)

Anyway i am looking forward to the demo !

Early on in the development of the computer game we had to decide the road we were going to take with the graphics. There were many considerations: game play, game focus, budget, market, competition, feel, etc.

The focus of DIF is the game play, player decisions, tactics, and player attachment to their pilots.

This being the case, our goal was to make the graphics entertaining, but not so flashy that they dominated the game play experience.

In DIF there is a fair amount of information that should be taken into account when making decisions. Also, game play is fast, player turns will be starting every 10, 20, or 45 seconds depending on how the mission is set-up by the creating player.

I don't want to give you the idea that DIF is complex, but it does have depth. Think of Chess, a new player can learn to play in a few minutes, but it is a game that is dominated by skill and experience. DIF is much the same, a new player will be able to click through the Help screens and learn how to play in 5 minutes, but there are a lot of tricks and tactics to be learned with each new aircraft.

Hope this helps!