Tactics/Realism

Skolman

I just searched the web for sites on the cardgame and start to wonder...

How much part of this game is tactics and how much it will depend just on luck ? It appears that you don´t have that much options of what to do...

Anyway ,will be the different tactics of air combat (depending on the plane) be simulated in any way since 3 or 4 parameters to simulate an airplane appears to be a bit few??? Imagine a Me 109 vs a Spitfire : The german pilot will rely on speed while the spitfire pilot on maneuverability...not to speak of the different weapons. (8 MG´s vs 2MGs + 20mm´s) I hope it is understandable what i mean since my english isn´t that good anymore...

Cheers Skolman

The game is a bit of both, luck and tactics.

Luck, of course, plays an important role to get a good set of "cards", i.e. actions that you can choose from.

But realistic tactics do play a role as well, albeit (as you would expect from a card game) in a more abstract way.

For example, some planes are more maneuverable than others - those would get a special ability called "agile", and would be able to turn a fire card into a scissors card for example. Or in the case of different weaponry - each plane has a "burst" rating which means what and how many firing cards it can play. And so on.

Of course, as you say, it is impossible to simulate superfine nuances in aircraft performance with only 6 or 7 (not 3 or 4) parameters. But you CAN expect a Zero to outmaneuver most other planes for example, or, say, a P-51 to outfight others at very high altitudes.

Again, DiF is a tactics and strategy GAME, not a simulation of any sort. It's a very very good game I might say, as you'll soon be able to find out, but it's a game in the tradition of, well, the great board and card games of the past - with a good dose of computer power thrown in smile.gif

Martin

Arthur, I would suggest to not rely on reviews, but try out the demo that we'll provide before the game is released yourself. smile.gif (And running to the shops won't get you anywhere in any case, the game will only be available here by mail-order.)

I predict that you'll find out that DiF will be quick to play, action-packed, addictive and a lot of fun. Refreshingly uncomplicated fun. In 20 minutes between dinner and taking out the dog, you could play a game with 3 others over the net, shoot down their leaders, rack up experience points, buy some skills for your pilots or unlock a new plane, and rank number one on the online ladder. Just an example...

Martin

...figurativly speaking about the shops.

....honestly....

Well I wouldn't discount reviews entirely and yes playing the demo will also be a good idea. ATM I'm ranking this as either a small time cult classic or a face down flop...only time will tell, though here's to having something decent to play between meals....