I've got a prob, Bob (graphic related)

Hi!

Just bought a new graphiccard (Pointofview geforce 3 Ti 200) plugged it in to my system and tried to run CMBO...It runs fine! Problem is with Operation Flahpoint, when I tried to start it the screen just showed gray, but I could hear the game in the backround. Tried to reinstall the detonator drivers 2311, same thing. Tried to reinstall the game, same thing. So I tried to install Ghost Recon, that I bought at the same time as the GF 3...surprise same thing there!

Any suggestions what could be the problem? I can run CMBO and the Medal of Honor demo just fine, but I can't run Operation Flashpoint or Ghost recon? Got a 1ghz Amd, epox 8kta3 mainboard and plenty of ram :(

You may want to try the Operation Flashpoint forums. Here is one link about some specific settings in OF. I have no idea if any of the patches (they're up to 1.4 now) make any differences with some video cards.

Have you installed the VIA drivers for your chipset ? This may be important since I've heard of some problems with the 23.11's and some VIA chipsets. Supposedly some of the latest VIA drivers patch something to help with this (though I would have thought that CM would run into a problem too).

Also, are you running DirectX 8.x ? OF needs this as a minimum, while CMBO only needs 6.1+. You can get DirectX 8.1 here (you need to select the correct version for your particular version of Windows).