Help w/ Plan script or "Maybe why the US sends so few units to the UK"

First off, I have been having a harder time understanding the planning scripts. That said, could someone confirm my understanding of the US build up script? Here is the script

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; ALLIED SCRIPTS - Build Up Sea Transport (USA)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;

; Sea Transport:

{

#NAME= USA Build Up Sea Transport - Liverpool (Build Up In England)

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#COUNTRY_ID= 3

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 3

#SIZE= 5

#LENGTH= 0

; Liverpool

#GOAL_POSITION= 60,13

#DATE= 1942/01/01

#STEAL= 0

; Set friendly positions:

; 1st Line - Washington D.C.

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 2,23

; Set variable conditions:

; 1st Line - USA politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered

; 2nd Line - France politically aligned with Allies and surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 3 [2] [100] [0]

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 2 [2] [100] [1]

; Set tactical conditions:

; 1st Line - Washington D.C. not tactically threatened (dummy condition)

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 2,23 [3]

; Set dummy activate position (no units at position 0,0)

#ACTIVATE_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [0,0] [0]

; Set dummy cancel position (single neutral unit at position 0,0). This is not possible as no

; unit can occupy tile 0,0 so event will not be cancelled due to #CONDITION_POSITION

#CANCEL_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [1,1] [0]

}

My understandings/questions

1. Since this is a #TYPE= 1 script, it will only be executed once. Correct?

2. In addition, the LENGTH= 0, it will only send 5 units to the UK for one turn. Correct?

If the above questions are answered in the affirmative, then I see why the Allies do not invade France. First, the US will only send 5 units to the UK. Second, The invasion script will never fire if there are not 20 units in the UK.

From my reading, this plan executes immediately and as you said only executes once. To improve try changing Type to 2 so that it continually executes and reduce size of plan so it executes with fewer units.

As for the invasion script, it only fires as of a specific date - so the Axis knows when the Allies will invade France.

Concord Dan,

To improve the USA AI try this;

a. First Give it several Research Scripts, remembering that the first valid one is the one that triggers so put the one with the latest date condition (ie 1942 above 1939) at the top of the list.

Example:

a1. 1939 Research Script - 100% Industrial [5], 40% Intelligence [5], 20% Production [5], all others zero - this will maximize USA production.

a2. At the same time have it invest ZERO in producing units and ZERO in Diplomacy so that all MPPs go to research until Jan 1941

a3. NOTE: AI needs a RECLAIM CHITS COMMAND.

a2. Create a 1941 Research Script that focuses on Infantry and drops Intelligence and Industrial research to zero as the 1939 investments should have gotten the AI up to level 3 to 5 in each of these areas.

Then General concept is that the USA AI needs a seperate research script for each phase of the war.

Phase 1 (1939-1940): Increase Production - focus on Industrial, Production and Intelligence

Phase 2: (1941-) Focus on Combat abilities.

[ April 15, 2006, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]