Axis declare on Ireland, no US response?

I was a little surprised at this. If the Allies invade Ireland they get "US Congress etc.", but if the Axis invade there's no problem.

Presumably there's no real-life argument for not including a US activation event. Is there a game dynamic argument? For example, the Axis takes a big risk with a Sealion, so Ireland is treated as a freebee and any further US activation would make the whole process too expensive diplomatically.

As discussed before, I personally think the DOW situation is flawed and detracts from the game for those of us who would rather see a more realistic situation. A simulation rather then just a game is another way to put it.

I personally find it silly to be able to go around with DOW's that would make no sense in real life. Or being able to do a DOW to get a benefit of some sort, with little or no consequence.

On the other hand, having such things seems to please some who enjoy it more as a game with advantage to those who can learn the "tricks" of the game.

I also don't want to have to use the editor, to deal with such things.

yogi, dude, if you want the real thing...join the army and when bush dows some freakass arab sheik, you won't be questioning whether it makes sense or not...you just fight smile.gif

Now on topic:

As I see it, SC2 is not an accurate simulation of the WW2. The '39 campaign starts historical, after that, it's your choice to follow the history or change it. It's full of what ifs...a thing I enjoy a lot TBH. The editor is there because there are people like you, who want it as historical as possible and usually are not satisfied with various aspects of the scripts, etc and there are different people who want a simple yet enjoying game covering the WW2 subject.

I mean HC tried to please both history nuts and guys who play this game for pure fun.