what is the best graphics card out there???

Piggdog is right on target - a Geforce4 Ti is the way to go for bang for buck. I'd stay away from a Radeon card. Even if the fog problem is finally solved with the 9700, it's hella expensive and Radeon's record with drivers is spotty.

BTW, don't confuse he Geforce4 Ti with the Geforce4 MX. The MX is Nvidia'a "budget/family" 3-D card, and has more in common with the Geforce2 than the Geforce4 Ti, since it lacks full support for some of the features of DX 8.1 (pixel shading for example), and is not nearly as fast. If you can't swing a Geforce4 Ti you're better off getting a Geforce3 Ti than a Geforce4 MX.

- Old Dog

Don't forget about the Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128MB DDR Ram.

Basically same price as the Radeon 9700 and performance is basically the same. The Radeon is barely beeting the G4 Ti 4600 in framerate, because the G4 Ti 4600 runs a little hotter than the Radeon 9700.

I have a G4 Ti 4600 and it runs CMBB like a charm. I bought this card over the Radeon because of the no fog factor with Radeon.