AAR vs. AI with my MOD w/ Timskorn's AI scripts.

Check the other thread for a link to my MODs changes.

NOTE: Change #39, +1 air defense to ground units is not in this game, the change was made when I had this game pretty far ahead.

Thank you Timskorn, both intergrated mods are offering me quite a challenge.

Hardest setting.

It is Febuary 42 and I've only taken 2 Russia cities and I have 3 others surrounded but they will not fall until good weather returns.

Egypt JUST fell in December of 41.

It is now Dec of 42.

I have Portugal and Tunisia.

Sweden is being enticed, now in the 70s.

In Russia, I have the first 5 cities + Leningrad and Moscow. I have troops at Archangel the port is now under 5 but the city holds.

Russians have the mines and the city behind it and they've attacked me around there.

The AI is constantly attacking Brest, Paris and Benelux with AFs.

All my Navy is preparing for a Major attack next spring, I have GLR2 Italy and hoping for the same for Germany, 2 chits in subs as well.

End of August 1943.

I am now hold 11 Russian cities and the two mines. Although I'm moving forward, I have not been able to plow through and I'm needing all my units, so I have to start preping for the West all the while my units in the west are being hurt very badly.

I sent out my whole Navy with my subs to ambush the Allies, killed 2 US transports on the way.

A harsh result for the Axis, 7 losses to 11 for the Allies but my Navy is all beat up while more Allied firepower was coming in, it had no GLR tech, if it did have some it would be equal losses for Axis, even so my naval campaign is pretty much over, I'll have to wait if I get sub advancements to give it another shot.

December of 43.

I took 1 extra city. My sub fleet is rebuild and I got lucky, my 2 chits paid off, so all subs are now level 3, my surface fleet is still in need of major repairs.

I've lost 2 units in Russia, I have 2 German and 3 Italian units in France/Belgium that are mobile with HQ support awaiting the invasion.

The AI should have no problem taking Brest next spring as I can no longer reinforce it, it has bombed the port and city to 0 and keeps it pretty much there.

I've found the issue with that is once the Allies do land at Brest, the city is so destroyed the units in France suffer from supply issues. Not only that, but they have to wait until the port is back up to 5 in order to debark transports there. :( Really would like to see scripts to control air units, set their priorities, etc.

Blashy, how do you feel about the changes to research and the # of chits allowed? You really reduced them so am interested to hear how those changes affected gameplay.

April 43.

I take Voronezh, next turn the Russians take it right back and kill a corps and one of my tanks L5. I discover the Allies have L5 tanks, so the best tanks of WW2 are on the field for both sides.

I think this will be the blunt of my advance if the Allies land in France. My eastern forces are: 3 tanks L5, 5 Corps & 1 Army L3IW L2AT 1Motor, 3 German AFs and 3 minor AFs. That is my mobile force in the East. It is in need of serious repairs this turn as I've just retaken Voronezh.

My sub fleet 4 German L3, 1 Italian and a small surface fleet once again go out to cause havoc.

The Allies have just taken Brest and landing troops around Belgium.

My advance in Russia is over, all I can do now is hold the line. I can't beleive I'm stopped in Russia by the AI.

My navy is back in convoy raiding, I've lost another surface ship on my way there, so I only have 3 left. I sub had to head back for repairs. I did sink one US cruiser.

I've lost 2 units per turn in Russia the last 3 turns.

Allies have cut me off from Spain so a significant loss of MPPs. Peak MPP was 560 now I'm down to about 510.

They will soon take Bordeaux.

I just lost another cruiser, but I killed a carrier and one US transport. 2 subs are raiding, the rest of the fleet is heading back for repairs but now I can only reinforce to 8 unless I make it all the way back to Italy.

Getting those Rockets in the German queue is sweet, nice toy to have with their default level 6 range, no tech available of course.

In Russia I'm holding.

I'm probably going to win with the game ending in a stalemate but vs. a good player this would be different, I'm sure I would be in for a fight to not loose Berlin and Munich.

Originally posted by Timskorn:

I've found the issue with that is once the Allies do land at Brest, the city is so destroyed the units in France suffer from supply issues. Not only that, but they have to wait until the port is back up to 5 in order to debark transports there. :( Really would like to see scripts to control air units, set their priorities, etc.

Blashy, how do you feel about the changes to research and the # of chits allowed? You really reduced them so am interested to hear how those changes affected gameplay.

The AI took out the Brest unit and left the port alone, so they landed on a full supply port.

As for the changes in research and diplomacy, a big improvement and smoother progression. In my other game with the same settings vs. my friend it is the same way.