Will Activated Neutral join Active Nations?

I agree, most neutrals that joined without having been invaded, generally joined the side that was winning at the time.

Spain, for example, came close to joining the Axis during the summer of 1940. It wasn't till Admiral Canaris told Franco that Germany had already shifted most of it's ground troops out of France that he decided to refuse Hitler's demands to assault Gibraltar. He told Canaris openly that he was afraid of being invaded; if there had been large German forces near the Pyranees Spain would most likely have joined the Axis.

Edwin, we had a long thread on most of these issues in the SC Forum a year or so back. I'll try and find it. I think that was the one where Shaka first started talking about diplochits.

That was one of the topics discussed in that old thread. Naturally there were a lot of different opinions. It wasn't viewed as Canada but as the Commonwealth. I think the conclusion we reached was that it would agree to a peace treaty if the United States wasn't in the war, but would continue fighting if the USA was already in.