Another Win2k Fsaa Text & Flicker Fix

Thanks Wittmann25,

I got a visiontek GeForce3 for father's day, (yes, I told my wife I couldn't wait until tomorrow) and as expected, had the same text scrambling I had with my GeForce 256 when I turned on FSAA. I am running Win98se but the NVMAX fix took care of my text problem. I don't think us GeForce/Win98 users have had the flicker and white text problems but I definately had the scrambled text in the unit window and the unit details boxes so thanks! M3DZone looks like a good site.

I loaded NVmax and do not have a database options dialog box. Got it from M3d and installed the update, so I suppose this option only exists for certain cards and drivers. I am running an mx card (though I could hack it to a quadro if I was as brave as Wittman25) I am running the 12.41 drivers.

Does anybody know if this fix is restricted to 98SE and 2k, the cards used or the drivers?

I would like to have some FSAA.... Had a very hard time choosing between this card and a V5 and, of course, one week after I pay 60 for this card, someone offers me a V5 for $75 (grrr...).

Guest ckoharik

Well, I also downloaded NVMax (from www.tweakfiles.com), build 2094, and do not see a Database Option anywhere.

I truly hope that BTS is working on/looking into this issue especially as to how it will affect CMBB. It would be greatly disappointing to have the same problem in the new game and not be able to play it on my desktop system.

T-Bird 1.33GHz

VisionTek GF3/12.60

Windows 2K SP2