Game Turns and Weather

Hubert's plan is to keep the current turn system for the default game. But, KNOWING you and others want more flexibility for turn sequences, we're hoping to include editor options for bi-weekly, monthly and seasonal turns. This would not only allow players like yourself to experiment with bi-weekly turns for SC2, but to create new games with different scales and scopes where other turn options would be more appropriate.

I guess I have been a damn nag about that huh?...
Nah, it's a valid point. I often expressed similar concerns, particularly with regard to normalizing production.

We did experiment with normalized production, doubled on winter turns and halved on summer turns, but found that was just too extreme. (I admit it; it didn't work well! ;) ) Cutting the normalization in half to 1.5 and .75 worked better, and this should be available as a production option in SC2.

smallest time increment for a turn = 1 week?
Same as it is now, 1 week during summer. Which really means 2 weeks since turns alternate and this is confusing. Most games use the same turn for either simultaneous or alternating player phases. We'll have to see what Hubert comes up with for optional turn sequences. It would be nice to have some flexibility.