Question - Will the AI be more aggressive in the Med?

I've said many times the A.I needs a complete overhaul. Esp. in the sense that the Axis A.I. never attacked Norway and launch operations in the med. as well as other things that the Axis did historicly and made them harder to beat.

One thing that the Allied AI needs to do in the Med is to threaten two fronts at once to draw the Italian navy to one side while using amphibious transports to launch invasions from the side.

In this respect, I think that the addition of amphibious transports to the unit mix will make it easier for the AI to lauch invasions against unguarded cities as the defender will not have a free turn in which to operate units in to defend it. Thus the AI can move a unit to the coast, land and take the city in one turn with an amphibious transport. The key is that the AI needs the intelligence to make a guess as to where the Italian naval units are to minimize the chance of a transport being sunk. It also needs to know how to scout out enemy cities to determine if they are ungaurded for an amphibious invasion.

[ May 25, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]