Beginner scenario?

Hi,

I recently bought SC2 and worked through the tutorial in the manual.

As the game is quite complex and difficult to get to grips with for a beginner, I was wondering if there were any simple scenarios out there suitable for learning the ropes? I feel a little out of my depth on the large maps.

I have also registered at CMMods, but can't see anything obviously aimed at a novice. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved smile.gif

Thanks,

Lealoc

It's okay to play the Fall Weiss scenario from the start to learn the game better : the map may look big, but you'll never play on the whole map at once.

The first 3-4 turns you only play in Poland and Denmark, the next 10-12 only in the Low countries and France, the next 30 probably only in Russia...

No need to get scared by the size of the map !

Of course, once you are more experienced, you'll learn to play in different fronts, but to learn it's a good way to learn how not to loose units, how to keep everything in supply, how and when to reinforce...

Thank you for that TaoJah, I'll give it a go.

I think the problem is that I'm more used to the tactical scale games (e.g. HPS Squad Battles series, Close Combat series), so the grand strategy titles like this are a bit intimidating. It's a scale I've wanted to play for a long time, but never managed to find a game that looked as accessible as SC/SC2.

Thanks,

Lealoc

arado234 - That sounds good. I will give you a shout once I get used to the game. PBEM games are much more fun than AI. I haven't played either third reich or squadleader, although I've been thinking of buying one of the ASL starter sets.

n0kn0k - Smaller is better at this stage, so the Africa campaign sounds perfect. Thanks smile.gif