Only runs when I dont logOn

CM started locking up my machine I think it was the Ham n Jam scenario.

So after a day of tweaking BIOS, drivers and lots of downloading have got to a stage that if I log on to Win Me it can't inititialise 3D graphics but if I cancel the logon box to default it will run but still locks. It also locks up my other PC which I built about 8 weeks ago so is pretty new kit.

The machine in question runs WinMe or Win2000 has direct X 8, a rendition Verite 2000 AGP adapter with just 8MB. Screen res 1024*768 @ 32 bit. But can't figure out this log on thing.

Also it will only choose 640*480 res under Win2000

Rendition does not support Windows ME or Windows 2000 according to this Micron Rendition Support page. That I believe is the heart of your problem. There's probably little that most of us here can suggest to help you with this particular video card. In order to use your current video card you will need to downgrade to Windows 98SE or earlier.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

I thought the video card my be the problem, will have to get another, although the same thing happens with my newer machine that has an integrated Video card' that shares up to about 64MB of RAM with the motherboard, it still has these lockups.

Is it possible that some scenarios are too 'busy' for lower spec machines as most of the time the game runs fine.

just out of curiousity, do you run Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing? when netmeeting is running in any form, direct3d will not work, so I'm wondering if when you logon (which loads the network services) are you also loading up netmeeting? I sometimes forget i have desktop sharing on, and can't start the game (:

No i've not used it for ages somtimes have apache web server running sometimes though Just got Client for MS networks, TCP/IP, and dialup networking at present, file & print sharings turned off.

Does any one know is it possible to run a Voodoo 3 card from an AMD Athlon board. It came out of a Pentium machine and I have not been able to set it up on this computer.

I would believe that a Voodoo 3 card should work with an Athlon motherboard. Which board do you have and do you see anything on POST or nothing at all ?

If this is an AGP card you may need to change the AGP driving values in the CMOS/BIOS setup. If you're only having problems within Windows itself you may need to install the chipset drivers (AMD, VIA or ALI, etc.).