Pre-empted Barbarossa

Ok, I have to throw my own two cents into this. Personally I really like the idea of the computer being able to do whatever it likes. Lets say I am playing as the Axis. Why should the game only play differently If "I" decide to take out france before Poland? Or maybe leave Poland alone entirely. Although A historical simulation is nice in that I get to "recreate" the war I also want the ability to let the computer "recreate" the war.

As an example that you can't do in this game since it doesn't support it, but so you get the idea. Has anyone but me ever noticed that even though they were the Axis Powers, they never cooperated with each other. Certainly not like the Allied countries did anyways. I would love it if the computer could go random things like the following.

Japan never had an army worth talking about, so why did they ever waster their time on China? Now Japan had an awesome navy. Germany although it had a sub fleet did not have a navy worth talking about. Now here's an example of that "what if" type stuff in action that I wish was incorporated into the game.

Japan ignores China. They use their navy in the atlantic to help blockade Europe, and to destroy the French and Brittish fleets in the area. This allows Germany to occupy its attention with those things it had, shall we say, superiority or at least something worth talking about, their army and air force.

After securing Europe the Japanese could go home and bother Russia from the east while germany bothered them from the west.

By working together many things occur. Japan does not attack the US at least at the time it did. Germany would be free to occupy the remaining land bound portions of Europe without having to worry about the west. Etc. etc. etc...

As another hypothetical lest say I am the Allies and the computer decides not to attack Russia. This makes a huge impact on the game.

IMHO this is what makes these games fun. The ability to do anything you want and the ability for the computer to do anything it wants. Some have commented that these games should be played as they happened in real life, or something to that effect. If that is what they were meant for then why play them? The same conclusion will be reached in the game as in real life and what's the fun in that? People want to play as Germany and see if they can change the course of the war. That's fun for me anyhow.

Great points, I would like to see the possibility for these alternative history events reflected in SC2 also.

My list would be:

1. What if Russia DOW Germany earlier while France and UK agreed to peace with Germany.

2. What if Russia DOW Western Allies after Fall of Germany

3. What if Germany did not split Poland with Russia.

4. What if Capital of France moved to North Africa

5. What if Italy remained Neutral?

6. What if France joined the Axis?

-------- No MPP boost for Germany

-------- But also no war for France

7. What if Turkey joined the Axis instead of Italy?

Originally posted by Rolend:

Funny how the Anti-capitalist Soviet Union is now driven by money smile.gif

What Soviet Union is that? Has there been another revolution in Russia?

AFAIK the Soviet Union hasn't existed for 3/4ths of a generation now.... ;)