In our latest Saga, I'm now Axis... Last time I was Axis, Rome fell to Rambo as I didn't properly reinforce it and I lost the game. Though in this one, there shall be no such error!

1939-1941

Steamrolled the Minors neccessary to win, added Vichy and ignored Spain however for a particular reason. Egypt came late, as did Syria but could not convince Iraq to join, so we invaded them with Iran...

That is the overall world map...

As far as the Royal Navy and early British Encounters, none aside the liberation of Norway!

France was turned into a Fortress, lots of Forts, 10 or so... some now in stretch into Germany and the Low Countries

1941 Late:

No real early losses or issues... SO now onto the Real Deal, Barbarossa. Smashed through Leningrad, Moscow without so much as a scratch, Rambo was a little bit of a pain in the butt, had to bring in a lot of air! I have avoided the South due to the extensive Forts there, 20 or so...

After Linking Finland, and at the same time kicking the British out of North Africa, except for Casablanca... Also kicking the Russians with their Rockets, and Fighters out of Iraq with superior Fighters and more land units...

Onward. 1942

This is where the game gets interesting... First Real Battle, is over the Kievan Pocket, well fortified, but sticking out into Axis Lines, we do not attempt to assualt it from the South or Center, but rather from where we came, Moscow, just polished off the Russians defending there... Luftwaffe support and Level4 German Tanks roll down, the Steppe and Crush through Kiev, capturing it, but the Russians show that their Katusha's are deadly along with their numerous armies and corps...along with Fortifications all along Southern Ukraine, they make it a costly endeavor, it is in the bag regardless though, there is near 8 or so Axis Fighters.... And a lot of Land Units... Regardless of this, we have a problem, in the West USA and UK invade Portugal-Spain we must prevent this!

Elite German Tigers transfer West, and setup a Puppet Regime right after Franco Surrenders, the Fascist Dictator is glorified to learn he will remain in Power as a Servant of his Grand Master...

10 or So allied Land Units, 6-7 Air Units with 4-5 HQs attempt to take Spain, a handful of Axis units with 2 Tiger Armies just retake Madrid and hold a stalemate in the mountains...

Meanwhile the Russians launch a counteroffensive in Fall '42 in the East.. It is semi-successful, but without Fighter support those Rockets really cannot go that far... They kill a few units but we retreat and fortifty behind the Prippets and Tigers repell the offensive before it gets much steam.

Meanwhile, at sea, most of the Italian Navy has been destroyed, but in the North, the Kriegsmarine Rules, boasting the Most Powerful Navy in the World, highly upgraded, the Allies will not come near it!!! US Subs were caught Raiding of the Coast of Norway and were smooshed and one managed to retreat. Some of our ships even camped of the British Isles to Fire Salvos on British Villagers, much like a Viking Invasion, however the Village is well entrenched so we will not attempt to take 'em...

This game is approaching '43 I'm certian almost every unit is built on every side except some of the goody units and things are only heating up...

Up until now, the Germans have been bashing the Allies in every competition, but the Allies have #s and money... SO they may do some bashing now of their own. We'll see...

Originally posted by Canuck_TAR:

OK, as Axis how many HQ's do you run with?

in my game 5 as of now, depending on the scale of combat, meaning if it's a highly offensive or defensive game all of them may be built... and I had all 5 built by Summer of '42

a little tip to get a little more bang for your buck... be more aggressive with the Axis, in the early versions of SC2 you would slowly carefully not offend Majors and Minors by DOWs. Now Certian DOWs, liked Tunisia, Algeria, Spain, Vichy, Denmark, Norway-Sweden... These are not bad choices if you do them cheaply and quickly...

You may not want to push with Sweden and Spain, unless the UK Threatens it from Norway... Liberating Norway is very easy and will get you your Convoys Back...

Big thing is be cautious of losing a lot mpps in Egypt and in desperate battles at sea with the UK. Wasting air strength points and attempting to dominate the seas, as it's a waste of time against a very good Allied player.

You should be able to have 4 HQs, by July or Sept of 41... Along with every Corps in the build

If you include 2 or 3 new armies and a tank that's a good starting army... I would likely not bother with adding another fighter just utilize the 2 free ones you get from Italy and Romania and perhaps use Italy to build a 2nd fighter... Big thing is do not Operate unless you have to. And you do not have to send 10 units to Egypt if you do not want to, but you do have to make up for it elsewhere... perhaps best for you if the Allies are too strong there or you aren't as adept as some at taking it from them.

In this game Rambo retreated out of my way and that is why I'm so heavy on the ground and in the air. I have 1 Luftflotte left to build before I reach the limit, BUT since he did retreat so much he is also similarly very Strong on the ground. Usually when you exchange a lot of early battles you are bother weaker, so take it all into account... Beware of being drawn into Attrittion warfare with Axis. Good Luck smile.gif

Originally posted by Canuck_TAR:

Thxs.

I played Lars in one of my first head to heads and I biggest mistake was not enough units in the east.