Can't get the mods to load correctly...

I can download a Mod, and extract it, but when I play it, it does not have any different sprites, or music,or changed stats on units...

Could someone please post on how to do this the right way? A step-by-step break down would be nice if possible.

Thanks

Xanos:

The first thing that must be kept in mind is that the MOD that you intend to install into your Campaign's folder is of the same version that your download is!. If both your game and download are not patched to the same patch, you will not be able to access that MOD!.

You can see what version your game is when you 1st start the game, the version number will be located in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. When you download a MOD, also check to see what version it is for!.

If the MOD you download does not indicate the version number, then you can still try to put both the Mod-Folder & .cgn file into your 'Campaign' folder and then see what happen's.

If that partiticular MOD does not show up for you, then you might as well remove it!.

Other than that, i have yet not had the experience that you have had!. For me, the effort worked or didn't work!.