Event Ideas, Suggestions and Notes

1. Suggestion: Add #CONDITION Parameters to Annexation, Territory and Popup Events.

#CONDITION= Under what conditions will this event occur

; Format: country_id [political_event] [political_alignment]

Why? I would like to create an popup, annexation and territory events that are triggered if a country surrendered. Currently these events are linked to a date not a condition.

AI Handicaps Suggestions

1. Suggestion: Add #LEVEL and #AI parameters to events.

Why? I would like to trigger specific events only if the Level was Expert and the AI was Allied.

Example 1:

If AI Level is Expert and AI is Allied then TRIGGER = 10 that Turkey joins Allies if Moscow is controlled by Axis. I do not want this to happen if the human player is Allied.

Simarily, to recreate diplomatic sucess without chit buying I may want to add an event to have Turkey join the Allies 5% of the time; 1 in 20 games, when the AI is the Allied Player, and 5% of the time have Turkey join the Axis when the AI is Axis. This would be a one time check when France surrenders (for Turkey joining Axis AI) or the USA enters the war (for Turkey joining Allied AI).

I can do this now in the script editor but I must write specific events for the Allied and Axis player and remember to activate or deactivate these scripts, which in turn reminds me what to prepare for as a Human player.

Example 2:

Unit Script - Allied AI gets Pacific Fleet when Japan agrees to withdraw from China. Trigger = 10%, only for Allied AI and Level = Expert.

; #UNIT= Units to be created as well as a name (optional).

; Format: unit_id [strength] [experience] [name]

#UNIT= 11[10][0][uSS Lexington]

#UNIT= 9 [10][0][uSS Arizona]

#UNIT= 9 [10][0][uSS Maryland]

[ April 14, 2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]