game freezes...what is big time software doing about it?

CushVA - I take you've been able to change the IRQ for your Live! card... do you still have problems ? Which versions of the Detonators have you tried so far ?

Rabbit - as joeski pointed out, there are far too many configurations to account for to attempt some sort of patch to "fix" the problems some people are running into. All most of us can do on this forum is offer suggestions to try out. The AGP Aperture adjustment is just one possibility (which often isn't available on most user's computers) and not all of these tweaks have to be applied to get CM to run successfully. CM taxes computers differently from many other games; with the large number of units, variety of 3D maps/views and a compute intensive fire resolution scheme, CM is doing much more than most games on the market and there are bound to be problems. My experience with CM has been almost completely problem free and I've run it on a good variety of machines. While there are some configurations that won't work well with CM, there are also a lot of software issues that can interfere that BTS can't account for... good housekeeping on your own computer. People install so much software on their computers and then wonder why things don't work or perform slowly when they have dozens of applets running in the background or siphoning away resources...

With CM's intense, intermittent taxing of the system there are bound to be problems of one sort or another. It may be possible to adjust for some of these problems, but some of those adjustments would require major changes to the way CM performs and plays.