Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The best way to take USSR

Dutch

I think you're better off posting this in the "old" SC Forum as it pertains to the existing game.

I'd also be interested in the answer. I've got two major problems, one is taking the USSR as the Axis and the other is holding it as the Allies -- so you can imagine my interest in the answer! :D

[copied from my SC posting in this same topic at that Forum]

Most good players land five or six German units between Riga and Leningrad on the first turn, which brings Finland in right away and gives the Soviets a nearly impossible task, fighting along the frontier, where they're probably being crushed, and meeting this other threat behind their lines.

The tactic is completly unrealistic, of course, especially when done in what would be rough seas -- the entire long northern winter! There are many house rules against it.

Naturally such a landing would have been impossible for the Germans, or anyone else in WWII -- four armies and an HQ -- yeah sure!

There are also ways of doing this that keeps the Soviets from having one of their Baltic cruisers.

I hope this sort of abuse, both the landing and crowding effect, will be impossible in SC II.