Should / Could Diplomacy Override Activation Scripts?

For the hell of it, I played a hotseat game doing the following:

I moved no units

On the AXIS turns, I dumped all Diplomacy chits into Russia.

The Germans acheived success of turning the Russians towards the Axis and it was raised to 96% by August 1940. However the Russians were triggered to join the Allied side at this point.

Is there a particular script that can be disabled to allow an ahistorical event, like the one I tried, to occur? I was looking throught the DOW scripts and I could not find a specific one for this but I could have simply missed it....

[ September 07, 2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

The USSR is never 100% moved to the Allies by script. It is a slow creep depending on garrison levels in 1940 and then by slow increments in 1941. There should be no problems after pushing the USSR to Axis as the scripts would then not trigger.

Thank you, JP and Honch.

Interesting topic and interesting replies. I haven't even thought about the USSR being Axis, but it's an interesting idea. And one that might easily have come about historically.

I suspect that, if it had been the case, the two nations, or rather the two dictators, would still have gone to war at some later time, but before that there would have been the specter of the USSR moving either into the Middle East through the Caucasus, or through Afghanistan, into India.