Arado234 vs colin AAR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russians pour forwards - its like the gates of Mordor. Its getting towards the end of the year but weather is good in the South and this is where the main battle is. A wave of motorised Soviet armies, corps and tanks surge forwards to kill multiple German armies/corps and one King Tiger and leave two armies damaged. I expect to lose some armour in the retaliation but I'm pretty content how this worked - on the whole the weather worked well for me. And motorization let me get close fast before his cursed air dealt too much damage.

The Western Allies, meanwhile are quiet.

The mighty luftwaffe responds with massive air strikes(red airforce no where to be seen)destroying two tank armies.Main werchmact counterattck smashes soviet thrust destroying many more commies than what we suffered.This battle may decide the game.West front quiet.The weather will now have a major effect on the rest of this bloody massacre.

Russians press forwards killing more armies, one tank (second damaged) and taking Rostov. I don't think this battle will be decisive for either side directly but it matters a lot. On the German side they are still efficient with furious airforce. But the Russians have good morale and just regenerate like crazy. And as arado points out he has yet to see what the West will do. The Germans can win any single battle, lets see what happens if he has to fight several at once ;)

Spectacular turn - maybe gamebreaking. Allies continue inland from Greece taking Albania with a sea landing and hurting an elite Axis airfleet that was deployed a little far forwards. Best of all, the Turks respond fantastically to Allied diplomats - Turkey will join the allies soon which in concert with the Russians and western Allies make the whole region a crisis spot for the Axis.

I think Greece is good because the mountains limit the Axis advantages in air and armour. Also, because it coordinates with Turkish entry this turn and Russian.

Allies slog inland from Greece. A massive assault by US infantry and UK air destroys a L5 tank on the Greek border. The Russians push forwards and destroy multiple infantry armies, a L5 tank and HQ and threaten the Axis airforce. UK raid the Baltic and retake a Russian city.

SERIOUS PRESSURE!

The Russians do - loss of an elite Axis airfleet (finally!), one armour (though taking it in the mud was painful) and some infantry. Allies keep fighting in Greece despite losses themselves - German Paras and Armour goes down. British formation paradrop outside Berlin and walk in but Hitler retreats to Munich. Coupled with partisans and the Turks its hard to see how the Germans will hold out.

More battles in Russia - losses on both sides - Axis air gets degraded further. Meanwhile Axis attack strongly in Greece, Allies hard pressed. Turks having joined Allies start surging into the Balkans. With both sides so exhausted from battle think this will make a difference as will the huge Allied MPP income.