A proposal for release

You all know I have been a proponent for Hubert to take his time and release this game when he feels comfortable with its features.

And that's the key...when it is fully functional!

I am also a realist, and many of us know that fully fuctional features and play balance for the scenarios are two completely different things.

How many games have we all purchased and explored through the vast gameplay antics of pitting ourselves against the AI and each other? How many have had that seemingly perfect balance from scenario to scenario that we all crave from the beginning?

My answer is,... none!

We have always had to tweak something here or there to optimize play balance, sometimes a feature and sometimes just some values, setups, etc.

Even now with GG's WaW being out for months there is still much going on to achieve that delicate balance for all sides, the same as it was for the original SC. The same it will be for the future releases and that includes SC2.

And so that practical element in me spurred the posting of this thread. Hubert, we know your legacy with SC, we trust you. So when you feel that the features of SC2 are functional to your satisfaction, do not dally with the idiosyncracies of the scenarios' balance. Let that be our job, include us in the evolution of this game. Make us a part of it. Just as you have committed your precious time to it, so will we.

What better instrument to achieve that then this forum. In essence this forum drove you to SC2, and perhaps to what awaits in the future. So...allow the balance to be fine tuned by the loyal SC fans, as it was in the past....so it shall be in the future.