Creating Custom Units - More Than Just The Provided List

I was reading the manual for SC2 and was wondering if I would be able to add additional units to the existing list provided with the game? :confused: I now you can change the existing list by changing the Campaign settings from "0" to "1", but can you add additional units to the game (e.g.: AA/Art/Inf/aso). I was hoping to purchase the SC2, but only if I can add addition units to create a desired Campaign.

BRD

There is a seperate board for modders, theu'll answer the question better.

I don't think you can add types of units, but you can change them alot : like turning never-used rockets into AA, or add better AA-capabilities to units or cities.

Dominator !:

My understanding is that the 'Characteristics' [Land or Sea or Air Unit(Fly-Swim or Crawl)...are Categorized, and have only certain given capabilities...such as Attack, Defense & Movement, these capabilities are variable (I think to some degree)].

The parameters will remain the same for the different types of units for their categories, BUT!,...you will not be able to 'Create' Entirely New Units With other than the Standard-Characteristics/Abilities/Capabilities for each type [Land-Sea-Air]!.

The only thing you can really change is the 'BitMap' Image that you will see on the screen.

I haven't created anything myself, so other's may have to fill you in better, as in giving a better explanation!.