Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I just did a search, but came up empty ... and the game description did not really go into detail.

Anyway, the game can be played with up to 6 people, but can those 6 people play via PBEM, or is that still restricted to 2people?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Hubert will have to provide details at some point. I believe players will take their turns sequentially and those turn files would be exchanged like thay are now, for either PBEM or TCP/IP mode. We should be able to have MP games in either mode.

So a game could be set up as 2-player Axis and Allies as we have now. Or 3-player with Allies split between UK/USA and France/USSR, OR UK/France/USA and USSR. Etc. etc. Now I haven't a clue how turn order would be set up and how much flexibility the host would have. I assume once things ARE set up, either by default hierarchy or manual order, then turns would follow an established sequence.

Recommend we all be patient for a while regarding how MP games will run. Chat messages between allies exchanging plans versus GP smack talk between opponents will have to be sorted out. How the AI works as an independent player(s), if desired, needs to be sorted out. But I'm sure they will be and players will have a VERY fun SC2 gaming experience to look forward to. :cool:

If HC makes it capable of being a 6 player hotseat game as well, I will likely buy more than one copy just to drag friends into the game smile.gif

Ok reality check, I would never have that sort of cash.

But I will sure nag them to buy it something fierce heheh smile.gif

My biggest beef is almost always, want to play a game, but I have 3 friends visiting, and we can't play nearly every good wargame ever made.

Hotseat should work the same way. If Hubert gets everything else working OK, I don't see why not.

I'm trying to avoid this mental image of 3-4 guys jumping up and down in front of Les's computer on a cold Canadian winter's night. A couple cases of Moosehead on the floor and off you go, eh? ;)

Matrix's "Battlefields" has a unique concept that I think would work equally well for SC2. For multiplayer games, say 3 against 3, you would have a supreme commander and two subordinates. The 2 subs would forward their moves to the supreme who would approve/process the turn to be sent to the opposition supreme commander who would in turn send to his subs for their appropriate deployments/moves and then back and forth and on and on. :rolleyes:

...not quite in the same line as you folks, but could we make Rusia a separate player from the Allies ...with separate victory conditions and diplomatic chips.

The interest of US, France, and England were very much inline. But Russia was not in the same boat, just happened to have the same enemy, for a while.

A separate Russian player could chose attack Germany on the back while Germany is fighting with France, but subject to some penalties. Pro German states join the Axis faster, reduced Russian production for a limited period of time as a result of popular dissatisfaction with the war, Some neutral states like Spain and Turkey have a greater chance of joining the Axis.

Alternatively, a separate Russian player could chose to attack Finland, or Turkey, always subject to some penaties. Or could even attack the British empire... It opens a whole range of new possibilities to explore.