CM1.03 winter explosions

I am playing my first CM end-of-turn movie, winter scenario, snow.

The snow looks fantastic! Great job guys.

Mortar explosions however look strange, I see these pure qhite triangles going up, as if there were no explosion graphics, just empty (cleared) space for bitmaps or sprites.

Was this intentional?

I still can't believe how real the snowflakes look, I don't know if I will ever get over this one, they look COOL (pun intended). cool.gif

It occurred to me that this may be because I haven't moved the cm 103 executable to the Combat Mission directory yet, I am running it from where WinZip put it -- maybe not all bitmaps were shipped with the patch, because not all graphics were updated.

Let me know if this makes sense.

smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

You need to copy the "new" BMP files themselves (without their enclosing directoru) into Combat Mission's BMP directory. Check the READ ME file for specifics.

Charles

I noticed some strange explosion graphics effects as well. Playing the Villers-Bocage scenario, the tank main gun firing would cause lots of little green triangles round the barrel instead of the smoke effect, almost like seeing the background through a heat haze. Then I tried blowing up a building and the expanding explosion was also full of little green triangles, and even once or twice went totally green.

Also, sometimes none of the unit information was showing at the bottom of the screen, and when I clicked off the unit there was no scenario specific information either. I never saw anything like these with either 1.0 or 1.01.

I was playing on a setting of 800x600, but didn't see these problems if I changed the resolution to 1024x768 or 640x480.

I have an iMac DV.

Not sure if this will help the winter explosions or not, but I found that many of the graphics imrpoved DRAMATICALLY when I updraged my Voodoo3 drivers to version 1.05 (the latest WQHL version).

Smoke looks much better, explosions too. Maybe cause the Z-buffer is working properly (finally) in these latest drivers?

If you have a V3 card, get the drivers...CM seems to thrive on em.