Timer and graphical representations

ribster

I posted a reply to a previous topic on this, but couldnt find it. So forgive me, if you are reading this a second time.

On my girlfriends machine

A dell pentium 4 1.4 Ghz. 128 mb rdram and a geforce 2 mx.

I often get problems with the timer, going into four figures and counting backwards - the action just loops, this can be resolved by clicking back, the timer then counts down as normal, trouble is you cant fast forward.

Also, the troops all look like they are standing on tip toe and dont walk properly, legs move really fast.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Steve.

Here's the thread where you posted this question before:

Replay Timer Funkiness

Apparently the answer was to delete the Windows install provided by Dell and install a fresh copy of Windows. I have no idea if it would work for you or not. Considering the amount of software your girlfriend may have on her computer, she may not appreciate that.

When I had the problem, I didn't do a fresh install. I merely installed a retail version of windows ME over the pre-installed Dell version of ME. The problem was then fixed. I have no idea what files were causing the problem, but they were obviously overwritten and corrected. All my other software continued to run just fine and I havn't had any problems since.