Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why does winter make me feel better then the mud?

I dont hate the winter in this to much only that attacks are lowered and planes cant move while mud you have normal attack but cant get anywhere.

Why doesnt mud stay as is planes same and tanks reduced didnt they have an issue with that. Also shouldnt motorization be nulled for the germans to shoow unpreparedness for it. While Russia takes no motor null as they are use to it and to recreate surprised russian offensives that were thought that could not be done in winter.

Mud affects everyone - the ony answer for it is paved roads, something Russia was short on.

But even with lots of paved roads much movement has to take place across country anyway!

The Russians were better equipped and prepared to cope with extreme cold, and they get an advantage when that happens.

The biggest disadvantage of winter is in the beginning of the game as Axis : you can not use amphibious transport in winter turns.

It slows me down : I am ready to Sealion in december 1939 with my Polish troops operated around the Belgium port, but I got to wait 3 turns to ship them, blah.

I am stil trying to find some use of the untis between the fall of Poland and the start of spring, but I can't find any :-(

Mr. Dozer, Winter effects combat values. It is agreeable to me to have Winter when I'm fighting entrenched units. Say for intance hitting Paris, that way that Armor entrenched there doesn't harm me too bad and after 3 or 4 corps whack him with a maximum damage intake of strength 2 I detrench him fast. Fighters would be better but I want him poised to fall the minute the weather breaks.

Ice is okay for movement too.. You can iceskate.. Mud slows things down dramatically, but combat values increase. Mud limits the range of fighters...

In Winter Fighters do not move, and have a limited range. All over it is best to do a true offensive in Summer, Positioning is okay in Winter and good for the Russians because the German's are hit by a Winter Effect the first Winter that cuts down supply to 1 MPP for all German resources in the USSR that were captured, a real supply nightmare