Or having the intell screen affect by an intelligence tech - the higher tech level the more information the intell screen shows

Tech 0 - Units Killed/Loss

Tech 1 - Number of enemy units by air/navy/ground

Tech 2 - Enemy Tech Levels and investment areas

Tech 3 - Name and Location of Enemy HQ units (as the enemy would track the location of your commanding generals)

Tech 4 - Cities without a garrison

Hey good solution having it tied to your own tech level.I dont quite agree with the order but may what gets revealed is more among these lines

1)Enemy tech

2)Naval,ground and air (but only paritial info ie:no 100% accurrate

3)Production: This would be the forces that are in the process of being constructed

4) Economy : a countries total of resources factories

5)Total amount of enemy forces.

As far as location goes i liked pretty much how the SC1 handled it.We are in a strategical game not tactical so a fair amount of info on enmey locations would be already known

There are some FoW options planned, like hiding war readiness numbers and other info. That's easy. Expect to see more flexibility for games against both the AI and humans.

It's been noted from SC1 games that the AI performs better with more information (ie, FoW off). So making an AI option to give it extended spotting or unlimited spotting should be doable and would help a lot. That's probably the easiest way to give the AI varying levels of "smartness" while you the human player maintain full FoW.

I would allow the AI to know whether there are any units in a country.

Example:

No Units in Romania then the AI might consider a sea invasion from a Russian port. (I did this to a recent opponent). AI moves to coastal hex Turn 1. Invades and captures capital Bucharest on Turn 2. Another strategy that the AI never uses.

The AI should also know when a city is not guarded.

In one game I took Rome via sea invasion when it was left ungarded (a very, very lucky gamble) and no Italian naval units blocked by way. In another game when the unit guarding Bagdad left it, I advanced to sieze Bagdad with a corps that was patiently waiting out of view of the guarding unit.

I think that there are about a dozen routines that could be written for the AI to take advantage of these cases, of course the AI would not execute these routines every time, otherwise the enemy would never leave an opening.

1. Russian Bucharest Invasion.(if no units in Romania)

2. Allied Libyian Invasion.(if no units in Libya)

3. Russian Swedish Invasion. (if no units in Sweden)

4. Allied Roman Invasion (if Rome not guarded and no Italian naval units in area)

5. Axis Canadian Invasion (if no allied units in Canada)

6. Allied Lisbon Invasion (if no Axis units in Axis controlled Lisbon)

7. .................

In addition the AI should know if there are no allied naval units in the Mediterrean. If this is so then the AI's startegy should reflect this.

[ April 15, 2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]