It's strange to be going along and more or less agreeing with everything about a new game, liking what you see, and then... "What the heck is THAT??" For a game with 3-month turns and corps-size units engaging in major battles, a combat animation seems silly. Oh well, it's a feature, yes?

You are preaching to the choir Bill...the novelty of it will wear thin, but for some of us, it will never reach that point...Personally, I turned it off right after I took those few screen shots....but then again, there might be someone out there who really likes it and it may attract a new gamer or two....guess it's time to lock this puppy up!....hmmm....never had a thread I started locked before... smile.gif

FLUFF ever arrives

WHEN

There's not... quite... enough

Real game kinetic stuff

Floating incidental

As it must,

Like blown about

Dandelion dust.

Actually,

To each their own, I say.

You CAN have a solid, dependable

And greatly accomplished game

IF

You have the foundation firm

In careful place,

At very first. :cool:

And then,

There's also the under-stated and simple

Combat animations

That can actually enhance a game.

Otherwise,

It begins looking like some

Carnival Magician's

Marvel me! Sleight of hand, so to

Misdirect any eagre eyes

AWAY from

What is going to be - a BIG surprise!

IE, not much

Over in that OTHER half hidden hand. ;)

Face it guys,

We all know what the definitive strategic wargame will be for us. Ok to amuse ourselves until that moment that SC2 arrives and GG is trying to appeal to the mass gameboys driven by hapless graphics. And that's OK too, its economics, hopefully encouraging those who have not stepped into our realm before to initiate a purchase. Nothing but upside for us fanboys of this genre...for as the dinero goes...the wargames follow.