Need help with Naval Combat

OK, I understand that ships move and fire and things die... oh and cruiers are great at killing subs (barring upgrades)

The part that I don't get is... I always lose the naval fight, I am unable to take down the med with USA and Brits together... well in the end I out number them so much I "can't" lose but by then it is only numbers and not skill.

Also, the bismark is supposed to be unstopable but he always seems to find an early grave with me...

Can anyone please post back and show me the light (or the bottom of the sea) on how to fight with the fleets?

Originally posted by Xanos:

The part that I don't get is... I always lose the naval fight, I am unable to take down the med with USA and Brits together... well in the end I out number them so much I "can't" lose but by then it is only numbers and not skill.

Er, that's the secret to naval warfare. ;)

Hit 'em with everything.

For me I think the navy part of the game is my least favorite and least historical. With that said I don't have a lot of trouble with it, yea luck can really mess with things as that sub dives 4 times in a row LOL but luck is part of the game. Also to find a sub hunting a convoy lane can be a real pain in the butt, I really do think that you should get some kind of location report when your convoys take hits.

Anyway I try to use my forces in large groups to attack small ones, sink one or two then retreat to port and repair, rinse and repeat until the enemy fleet is gone or hides in port. Always stay within cover of land based air if possible.

Also do NOT leave your ships at sea forever, they start to suffer from supply hits, take the fleet back to port from time to time.