PBEM bug report (repost from main forum)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have initiated a couple of PBEM games so far. Every time the computer doesn't give me the chance to setup my troops. They always start out in a long line across the end of my setup zone. I DONT GET IT!! Has anyone else had this problem, or am I an idiot that is missing something very simple. HELP!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/008278.html

Confirmed. I just tried it... If you set up a PBEM, where you select your units, but your opponent allows the cpu to choose his units, the game will accidentally forget your setup phase.

Step-by-Step

Player 1 (Axis) vs Player 2 (Allied)

1. Player 1 creates game.... In setup screen, choose Allow Human for Axis unit purchase, and Automatically for Allies. Other settings default (irrelevant apperantly). Click OK

2. Bypass the next map option screen (irrelevant) by clicking ok for default settings. Since Player 1 is Axis, choose Axis in the side selection screen. Then select Email game on the game type screen.

3. Now your in the Axis unit selection screen. select units as normal (unit type appears irrelevant, so choose anything). Click OK to continue.

4. Now you will get the promt verifing that an Email file will be created. follow the promts and create the file. Send to Player 2

5. Now Player 2 loads the file. After typing in his new password, it will go directly to the unit setup phase, with the Allied players CPU selected units alligned on the map edge as normal. Setup units and click OK. Everything up to now is fine as normal.

6. Create the new email file and send it back to Player 1. Now here is where the problem shows up. When Player 1 opens the file, it goes directly to the Axis order phase, skiping the setup phase entirely. All the Axis units are arrayed along the mp edge just as they would have appeared if it had gone to the setup phase.

Looks like a bug to me...