AI Suggestions and Notes

HC is hard at work improving the AI for the 1st patch, and so I thought that it would be nice to place AI notes/suggestions in a single thread for him to consider.

Diplomacy - A Spanish strategy for the Axis

I can script this in the current AI for the Axis:

10% (1 in 10 games) Move Berlin Corps to Square XX,YY.

IF German Corps on Square XX,YY and France Surrendered and Benelux Surrendered and AI LEVEL=3 (so it executes this strategy at Intermediate and higher level AI settings)

THEN (all of these occur in 1 turn!)

a. Germany - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

b. Germany - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

c. Germany - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

d. Germany - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

e. Germany - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

f. Italy - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

g. Italy - Purchase 1 Diplomacy Chit Spain

Thus Once France surrenders, Germany will purchase 5 diplomacy chits targeting Spain (25%) and Italy 2 (10%).

Each Diplomacy event corresponds with a single diplomatic chit purchase by #COUNTRY_ID towards #DIPLOMATIC_ID. For mulitple diplomatic chit purchases you could choose an event #TYPE=2 or set up multiple events of either #TYPE=1 or #TYPE=0. In any event repetitive events will only be successful if the maximum applicable chit level has not been reached and there are sufficient funds for diplomatic purchase.
It would be easier if the diplomacy AI script included a parameter for the number of AI chits to purchase at one time on a single turn, so one script could be written instead of 5 for Germany. :rolleyes:

DEFAULT AI STRATEGY FOR GERMANY:

The DEFAULT AXIS Diplomatic Strategy kicks in STARTING in 1942 and ONLY against Spain, with a 25% Germany of purchasing one chit for a 5% chance of influencing Spain.

I don't see this as being an effective strategy for use at Intermediate and Expert AI level. Am I correct?

Of course, if Spain Joins Axis and Russian activation is below XX% then the Axis needs a planning script to take Gibraltar and Garrison it, and after Axis is at War with Russia the Axis AI; if it controls Spain, should conquer Portugal so that Russian forces suffer a morale penalty.

[ April 14, 2006, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]