Need your suggestions for a new scenario

OK, picture this...

Road going east to west at bottom of map - town to the north occupied by German troops.

Americans on the highway at bottom of map given task of taking and holding town up north.

German armored convoy will be coming as a reinforcement on highway at bottom - Americans MUST take town to north to have any chance at survival.

My question is this - how do you get the German reinforcement convoy to head north when it arrives? I have a small flag at the road turnoff from the highway at the bottom (where they will appear) and a large flag in the town. If I make the north side of the map a axis exit then troops defending the town initially will begin to leave on turn 1.

Any help is appreciated.

Well, the AI orders reinforcements to go wherever they're most needed, just like any other units. If there is no fighting at all, they will head for the flags.

Or, you can use tall pines and woods to kind of channel the vehicles to wherever you want them to go. This works well, although of course it can change the map too much. Just try to make it look natural. Sounds like it's gonna be in interesting scenario.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska