'Foggy Mountain'

Guest grunto

Guest grunto

I've written a couple or three really challenging scenarios, and the ai seems to be competent as either side in any of them, but they're all designed to be played against the computer as americans.

'Foggy Mountain' is a very interesting mountain assault. It should be played against the default german setup.

Features: Jagdtiger, American Assault Engineers, American recon armor.

'Road to Cherbourg' pits and ami armored infantry column against some very nasty paratroopers, armed to the gills with support guns and some stug IVs.

Features: American recon and regular armor, lots of obscure german guns, including the 20mm quad. a nasty los along a rail line which runs corner-to-corner on a board otherwise dotted with scattered trees and bocage-type terrain. Stay the heck away from that rail line if you're the advancing americans!!

'Hell on Wheels' is a late Ardennes battle.

Features: Germans coming from all directions. Intense afv action. M18 and M24 fast armor. Sherman Jumbo.

Two Tiger 1 tanks as well as other german armor. Fight for the bridge in the ardennes.

All battles are small to medium and designed to be played on slower computers.

Of the 3, Foggy Mountain has to be my favorite. It uses a small board but as you move up the mountain with your americans, it feels 'big.'

andy

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weta_nz:

Hey grunto,

The scenarios sound interesting and I would like to play some smaller battles (once I get my copy) - are you uploading them to any of the scenario sites?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i've uploaded Hell on Wheels to Dumbo's site i believe. contact me through email and i can send you my favorites. i've developed a couple of actions against german paratroopers, both in the approach to cherbourg ('road to cherbourg') and in northern italy, 1945 ('alpine junction').

both are very tough, hard-fought battles.

i basically design them for american attacks against the computer but have actually found a couple of them difficult from either standpoint.. maybe it's just me.

anyhow if you ever get bored i've got some very interesting maps.... 'foggy mountain' really gives the 'illusion of space' on a small mapboard.

if nothing else my maps could hopefully give a person food for thought on cm mapboard design...

andy