PBEM server support for CMBB?

I wonder if CMBB will have support for PBEM server? I just tried Laser Squad Nemesis and it has a brilliant system of automatically sending the PBEM turn by SMTP to the game server, which generates the turn when it is ready and posts the results back. Then you just click the attachment in e-mail, and LSN opens, and you can view the replay, and plot new moves.

LSN is very similar to CM in many ways: simultaneous plotting of moves, viewing the replay, etc. Also I wonder if Battlefront will ever release a game with sci-fi units using CM engine... it would be great in full 3D!

Another brilliant idea in LSN is that only one of the players have to register and pay for the game. Only registered users can start new games, but they can challenge any other user with a working e-mail address... when the opponent gets the challenge, then he may download the software from LSN web page. This works with LSN because the setup size is only 7 MB...

Would be cool. Then again, my internet access prevents me from sending outgoing mail through anything but my ISPs mail servers. I am sure I am not alone.

What would be alot cooler in terms of multiplayer support would be some kind of Hyperlobby for CM. There are alot of connection problems caused by the rather archaic way that CM handles connecting multiplayer games. If run CM and tell it to join IP games from the command line then such a GUI based system would be possible.

WWB