CM scenarios of WW2 in Italy

I recently recieved my copy of Combat Mission after using the Demo for a few weeks and I am enjoying it very much. While perusing the FORUMS and other Internet locations, I thought I saw a CM scenario for Italy (WW2). I was an infantry man with the 34th "RED BULL" Infantry Division in Italy in 1944 and 1945. Thanks in advance for any info you may have. JJK

Thank you for the sacrifices you made for us. I have the privilege of knowing several veterans, and attended a Canadian Italian Campaign Veterans reunion last August. Wonderful men who did a wonderful job under horrible conditions and received little credit for it. We all owe you.

Sorry, I have no Italian campaign scenarios featuring American units.

I just watched Battle of San Pietro again the other day; terrible stuff.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission

Guest hal9000

I know there's a Monte Cassino Operation in existance. If you email me, I'd be happy to try to dig it up for you.

Guest Michael emrys

CM3, due a couple years down the road, will feature the Italian campaign as well as the desert war.

I would anticipate some detail problems with trying to build Italian scenarios using CMBO. Between 1943 and 1944 there were organizational and equipment changes in all the armies present. Some of them were not trivial.

But utilizing careful selection of which events to try to model, and a little judicious tweaking of the sides, you may be able to get away with it.

Michael

San Pietro? I thought I sent Cassino. I haven't played San Pietro so I don't know what is wrong with it (even if I played it, I probably wouldn't know what was wrong with it). I'll make sure I send the Cassino file when I get home tonight. Sorry for the screwup. I'll also look at the San Pietro file and see if it is screwed up. If not, maybe something screwed up in the transmission.

Originally posted by Agua:

San Pietro? I thought I sent Cassino. I haven't played San Pietro so I don't know what is wrong with it (even if I played it, I probably wouldn't know what was wrong with it). I'll make sure I send the Cassino file when I get home tonight. Sorry for the screwup. I'll also look at the San Pietro file and see if it is screwed up. If not, maybe something screwed up in the transmission.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll check the mail tomorrow. Take care. jjk

Hey Jim!

Nice to see some Vets in the forum!

What Aqua ment is a thread in this same forum "HT en masse........". It is about historical use of HalfTracks. Maybe you could comment on it with some field experience?