Just got the game. Best scenario to learn how to play

Hey all

I just got CMBB. I never played any CM games. I tried one of the Stalingrad scenarios Pavlovs House as a Russion player. Well I killed those MKIII but they flanked me with their infantry and totally defeated me. I need some tips for a total newbie of how to play.

Thanx in advance

Paul

Get some of the CMBO conversions from Tom´s Combat Mission HQ (Riesberg, Valley of Trouble, Chance Encounter). They are small and, in comparison to many CMBB scenarios, easy.

I´ve created a huge Riesberg turn-by-turn document with many screenshots. It´s available as 3 x 500kb MS-Word documents. If you want it and can handle the format as well as the size you can contact me off-forum.

Cheers

Nolloff

[ November 11, 2002, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Nolloff ]

A good place to start is the tutorials on the CD.

After that there are many options. A Morning at the Zoo is a smallish combined arms engagement in a busy setting, and is good practice for assaulting with that type of force. In general, try the smaller scenarios on the CD first before graduating to the monster huge ones.

Not on the cd, but great for practice with infantry I reccomend B&T Green Hell, avaliable from the Boots & Tracks link in my sig.

WWB