Update on Maastricht Scenario-The Real Thing

Since doing the Maastricht scenarios on Sgt Lafayetter Pool, on CMHQ, I have heard from Sgt. Pool's cousin. Sgt Pool's widow is alive and well.

One member of the crew of "In the Mood" is still living, his gunner, Mr. Bertram Close.

Fascinating when you meet those who knew these heroes personally.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

*** Spoiler Kinda*** Great Scenario WB, I had big fun. 1st go as Axis got waxed cruzin blindly down the road, lost all armor. Then I split force into 3 groups (per your breifing) and flanked allies on their left flank. It was sweet, I did lose the center Panthers & 1 Stu. Again, great job, I look forward for more scenarios. Thanks

Big Dog

Actually Bigdog that was per my tactical analysis.

The combined arms version of that scenario is going up on CMHQ tonight, again with a briefing. Should be interesting wink.gif. It's a tough scenario from either side IMO but eminently winnable with a good application of basic doctrine and realisation of the main threats.

That's how it goes, BigDog. I design 'em. Fionn dissects 'em biggrin.gif

Thanks. I'm glad you guys are enjoying these. Me, I figure if I pass the "Fionn" test, I'm okay wink.gif

Very sharp analysis, Mr. Kelly. You definitely read my mind clearly and explained it well.

I look forward to your next one on the bigger battle.

Fionn tells it as he sees it, and I have always been grateful for his candor.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest Madmatt

No, not tonight Fionn!

Thats a weekend feature! wink.gif

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Heheheh... my 11-year old son played this scenario as the Axis with even odds. He split his force into 2 groups and scored a 100 to 0 victory. First time I've ever seen this kind of a score. Hehehe.

Is my son a genius or is there a glitch in this scenario? This was the original scenario, not the update.

Do you think he could give me lessons? wink.gif

One of our top testers, Tim Orosz, has a son, Chris, about your son's age and he designed a great map that I used for the first new scenario we'll be posting on the TGN Raider Boots N' Tracks Site.

Tell him I said "Good going!"...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

billw@matrixgames.com