'Blowfish'... just sent it to the Scenario Depot.

Clubfoot,

Bringing Delta in two minutes earlier might already be enough, and I definetly would like to see that so, in almost no case (but the case of someone finding briefings boring, but who wants to please them?), there would be long lulls in the battle. The additional nice 2 minutes to make it 70 turns would definetly give more leeway to the Allied. Maybe too much? Replay value comes out of having to play a scenario again since it was quite fun but you just didn't quite win it IMHO, so maybe you want to keep things busy and a tad hurried for the Allies during the last 20 minutes. But definelty try brining Delta in earlier.

Admiral,

What a bitch, I'm sorry. Are you able to keep backups of what is uploaded to your ISP?

Also: I tried Blowfish two times by now, and both times Charlie Black got knocked out, tho the other was completely my fault and the second a bit of bad luck and one careless crawl. I don't see that as a problem with the scenario, though, at all. I don't think Black should be boosted up either, you can't just always win tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

I got a draw. I kept Alpha force on the map.<hr></blockquote>

As far as victory points go, why didn't you withdraw the Alpha forces towards the end of the game? They are all slated to exit for points, so your decision to keep them on the map cost you a bundle of points for the ones the enemy killed (about 50%, IIRC), and a slightly smaller bundle of points for the ones who survived but did not exit.

Also, the casualties Alpha suffered would lower your global morale, making it harder to get the enemy to surrender.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Admiral,

What a bitch, I'm sorry. Are you able to keep backups of what is uploaded to your ISP?<hr></blockquote>

Regretably, no. I'm working with my ISP to have them restore the database to something a little more recent than 2 weeks ago. It doesn't take an abacus to do this, so I'm wondering what their problem is. I've got all of the table structures...it's the data that I'm most concerned about. We'll see.

I'm also looking into alternative servers, such as hosting everything myself on my own PIII-800 Linux/Apache server. That way I'm in complete control instead of relying upon someone else.

I'll keep everyone posted.

MrSpkr,

You are right, that is what is called "idiocy" on my part. I had some grand delusion of linking the two forces and then marching victoriously to the subpen to enjoy their champagne. Alas, I was foiled by the troops that appeared. I guess I should listen to the overall commander who briefed me the next time out ;)

Clubfoot,

If you tweak the scenario, I would be happy to test it, even tho I have already spent some 7 hours on it so I would know more or less what to face. Still, I could check if I think the two minutes for Delta help out. Email is on my profile.

Regards,

Liggy

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Ligur ]</p>

Gang,

Still struggling with my Web host to get the correct tables restored. They claim that they have restored the correct tables; I claim that they are morons and that data is still missing.

I am going to keep fighting with them until 11.12.01, at which point I'm going to give up and ask that everyone please re-enter any information they may have submitted between 10.25.01 and 11.06.01. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that.