Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Divisional Armour available?

Pud

In CMBO if you changed from infantry to airborne the armour units available change considerable. In CMBB if you change divisions the only thing that changes in your available selections is some of the infantry. Why? In all cases the full range of armour is avalable regardless of division be it naval, mountain or airborne.

Good question. My thought about it is that the Soviet system held numerous separate tank assets back to be parceled out to divisions as needed, usually for offensive purposes. These tank units pretty much had the same variety of armor available. So if a division needed support, be it a parachute, mountain or whatever division, it got army or front level assets just like any other line division.

US Airborne troops didn't operate with armor much, except in some exceptional situations such as Bastogne. The little M-22 Locust air-droppable tank hardly saw any use as intended supporting the parachute units.

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Good question. My thought about it is that the Soviet system held numerous separate tank assets back to be parceled out to divisions as needed, usually for offensive purposes. These tank units pretty much had the same variety of armor available. So if a division needed support, be it a parachute, mountain or whatever division, it got army or front level assets just like any other line division.

US Airborne troops didn't operate with armor much, except in some exceptional situations such as Bastogne. The little M-22 Locust air-droppable tank hardly saw any use as intended supporting the parachute units.

jeez, that woulD've taken some bloody big parachutes to make that baby air-droppable. I assume you mean glider borne instead? ;)

Serious question- why wasn't it used in the D-Day landings?

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gunnergoz:

jeez, that woulD've taken some bloody big parachutes to make that baby air-droppable. I assume you mean glider borne instead? ;)

Serious question- why wasn't it used in the D-Day landings?

Regards

Jim R.</font>