When a units destination cube is red?

And you get the time delay when they reach the end point of the previously-plotted move (red cube) before they start along to the recently-added waypoint(s).

IIRC, as long as the unit is still in the red waypoints, you can alter the white ones as much as you want with no time penalty, even if they were placed in an earlier turn.

ahhh, now it all makes sense.... i remember trying to move the red cube, but it would only go so far, so i would cancle order, then reorder a new move, and simutanously screwing myself with added time delays that i didnt need.

really need to plan your movements carefully..

man i love this game!

Don't forget that you can also change the type of order for each waypoint when you drag it.

For example:

Did the turn end with your veteran tank presenting a side-on shot to an AT gun? Just grab that red waypoint right in front of your tank, drag it behind your tank (hopefully behind some cover) then hit "R" on the keyboard. When the next turn begins, your tank will immediately shift into reverse with no delay.

I've found it very helpful, especially when you have to take vehicles into town, to always use more waypoints then you need, and always using three at each corner.