Help with Chance encounter

Every time I play CE as the Germans, I find that my 3 StuGs are completley outnumbered by the 5 sherms. I've tried moving them to hull down positions on the ridge, but I usually just get outnumbered when I do that, and I only kill 2 or 3 sherms. I've also tried moving them into the village behind houses to shoot from ambush, but an enemy tank will approach from the wrong way, and by the time my StuG gets turned around to fire, he's been spotted and KOd. Besides panzershrecks, what can I do to take out more than 3 shermans when my tanks die?

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

Guest grunto

you have to put panzerschrecks around your stugs, with mg42s as well. put all of your units in combined arms ambushes where the u.s. won't spot you until they're within 100 meters so your pzks have a chance. the stugs alone have a tough time against the shermans. at close range with pzks lying around they have a much better chance.

so yes, it's patience.

if you look closely you will see these small ridges where you can hide your machineguns, pzks, hqs, squads, and your stugs in ambush groups.

another thing to do is dash your force along the far left edge, and try to get into those woods before the americans ever see you, then hunt the stugs up along the side of the woodline while the infantry moves from the south-southwest, northerward into the american flank. the high woods on the northeast hill are also a good place to put infantry with stugs on the eastern treeline looking south-southwest.

Yes, patience is a key element in most battles. Some battles I have gone a third of the way through without exposing my positions to the enemy, all in preperation for contact.

SPOILER

As far as this scenario, I moved two Stugs behind the church, one covering the field to the right-front and the other covering to the left front. The third Stug was placed on the ridge to the right at the edge of the woods. This one kept the Americans pinned down on the left somewhat (slow their advance onthe other Stugs). Now "hunt" them in these positions, but only in very, very short strokes! Hope this helps.

Terry "groundpounder" Flemming

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Every time I play CE as the Germans, I find that my 3 StuGs are completley outnumbered by the 5 sherms. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry to say Gustav that in life you will find that THREE of anything will always be outnumbered by FIVE of something...

eek.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Read my reply on the other thread.

This deficit can be overcome if you make sure to engage the American tanks one or two at a time. Two will appear to your left almost immediately (3-4 turns) The others will mill around the ridge area for a while and can be kept at bay with schreks on the ridgeline.